AROGYAM GOING BILINGUAL
Time constraints coupled with suggestions by some non-mallu forum authors to make some of my posts readable to them too, force me to publish next few posts in English first and then translate to render them bilingual. Somewhere else, Umesh is wondering loud whether many people can really think in multiple languages. My case is strange, when the output interface is my voice box, I think in Malayalam and when I express them in black & white, the thoughts’ language is English (that incidentally explains why my written Malayalam is synthetic).
WELCOME TO NEW VISITORS
Well, to the first time visitors to my space who do not know me other than as a forum ID, a warm welcome. Here I am my real self- Dev. Those around me, Malayalam bloggers are real too. They made me whatever I am in blogworld, if I am whatever. My health blogs are all written from the patient’s side of medical world and as a person who does not possess ANY technical qualifications under any accepted school of medicine, I do not vouch for its accuracy or completeness. It goes on without saying that you health is always under your ownership and only person who can “treat” you is a medical practitioner.
BOOKS I HAVE READ THAT ARE WORTH BUYING
(book reviews are coming up some day!)
Category A - Heart
1. Dr. Dean Ornish Program for Reversing Heart Disease – Dr Dean Ornish
2. Expert Guide for beating heart Disease - by Dr. Harlan Krumholz
3. Track your Plaque by Dr. William Davis
4. Heart Frauds- Dr. Mc Gee
5. A Cardiologist's 5-Step Plan for Detecting, Preventing, and Even Reversing Heart Disease – Dr. Matthew S. DeVane
6. Unclog your arteries- Mcdougall
7. Heart Healthy Handbook – Dr. Neal Pinkney (available for free download at http://heart.kumu.org/ )
1. Inflammation syndrome - Hugh Riordan
2. Harvard Medical School Guide to Lowering Your Cholesterol Dr Mason W. Freeman.
Category C - Cookery
1. Swadishtamaya prakr^thi bhakshanam (Malayalam) – Swaraswathiyamma
2. Prakr^thi jeevanam (CRR Varma’ team)
3. Betty Crockers Low Fat Cooking – Betty Crocker
4. Mc Dougall quick and easy cookbook – Dr & Mrs Mcdougall
1. Ashtamga hr^daya /Charaka Samhitha ( various interpretations)
Category E – Yoga
1. Advanced Yoga Practices (Dialouges by Yogani)
2. The Eight Human Talents : Restore the Balance and Serenity within You with Kundalini Yoga by Gurumukh & others
Online Forums I read
It might have been obvious that I am reading and writing more on ischemic heart disease. The reason is double fold – firstly, almost one out of two males of my age will die due to ischemic heart sooner or later (and I would like each of us not to be that one) secondly, I am a high risk person vulnerable to heart diseases because of my careless life I lived in my early youth and troublesome genes i inherit.
Enjoy your stay here, joyously revise your regimen of life ! Add your opinions that are of infinite value to people’s lives.
എവൂരാനു ക്വാളിഫൈയറായി ദേ മലയാളം.. നന്ട്രി.